Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ahimsa - Turn to Vegetarianism

Dear Padmini,

I read your post and it further reminds me of Pujya Guruji’s teachings when Pujya Guruji came to Malaysia. I am a meat eater and have actually reduced my meat and sea food intake so much that it is quite shocking to my mum, all because Pujya Guruji in one of Pujya Guruji’s satsangs in Malaysia advised us not to eat meat. I really don’t know how to advise someone to stop eating meat. But sitting before an Enlightened Master, can really change a person in-side-out and up-side-down. That really happened to me. I think giving people Pujya Guruji’s teaching material and slowly introducing people to Pujya Guruji may bring about the changes that are required within as it has brought about to me. These changes that happen so instantaneously within will thereafter bring about changes to the persons conduct and activities and hence spread into the person’s life style, work atmosphere etc. It even begins to spread to the person’s immediate family and slowly to the extended family, clients and everyone that the person comes into contact with.

Once these changes start happening within and externally to a person, then I verily believe that the person will slowly start realizing Pujya Guruji’s teachings in every aspect of the person’s life. Then, hurting an animal, eating meat and other live beings will all become life issues for the person and it is against Ahimsa principles as stated by you. These realizations will start to hit hard at the person and the person will transform to be a vegetarian not only with regards to the food intake but also in thought and deed.

I am so glad that I have found my own Guru in Pujya Guruji and Pujya Guruji’s teachings are easy to be assimilated and is simply a ‘click’ to my soul!

Regards

Leena

No comments:

Post a Comment